Popular Posts

Friday, May 16, 2008

The Wonder of My Soul Mate


I’ve wondered my whole life, what sort of woman would be the woman of my dreams.... I’ve longed for her even when I did not know what the ache in my heart was about. I’ve dreamed of her even when it seemed foolish and hopeless to dream. Wondering if she is a fantasy caused me to ask, are you being honest and real with yourself? I see so many couples hold hands in the park, and they stroll in the evening sunset, and seem so content…..but I still wonder, where is she? I can not give up hope, because as long as there is life, there is hope.

Recalling the memories of my childhood when I saw so many” bigger” people who were married, I remember the sadness I felt inside when they never smiled at one another. Some seemed to act as though they were strangers. There was nothing that seemed to appeal to me about what “bigger’ people did to call themselves husbands and wives. No one ever used the words” lover,” as they shared about their partner. God forbid such a word as that. Yet…..my heart kept yearning…. and bleeding, crying out for someone to tell me the reality and truth about what it meant to be in love. Surely, there must be an answer. Surely, I was not alone.

Soon, I became older and I was to discover that women were different than men. My eyes would gaze upon them and wonder what they were like? How did they feel? What made them happy and smile and laugh I asked? Could they feel as deeply, and as passionately, and long for another that could complete them, as I wondered? I dared not share such a secret! No child should be thinking this way. I should be thinking more like a child. But…I didn’t. I was far beyond my years in a land of discovery, wonder, beauty and enchantment.

I continued to wonder and dream of such a creature extraordinaire that totally captivated the essence of who I was and am. She was the kind of masterpiece that no ordinary artist could easily capture with a brush and paint. She could move my heart like no other. Her delicacy, gentleness and tenderness could calm any feeling of discomfort I would ever have. Her beauty was such, that even a glance…would change me into a prince; for I knew when I beheld her with my eyes, that she was a princess. She was my princess, and I could not possibly be content with any other.

I knew deep inside when I met her, I would feel the presence of her heart. I knew that when she spoke, the gift of her voice would be so warm, passionate, exciting, and true….true to her own heart, and to mine. Whatever she would speak and no matter how she spoke it, the words of my princess would be for me, and my words would be for her. I knew that the very sight of her would change my countenance, lure my will, and beckon me to her side. My desire for her would be unquenchable, and her desire for me the same.

No love would be able to compare to the love we would share. It would radiate from our hearts as we would look upon one another. There would be no more questions. There would be no more aches. My quest for my soul mate will have come true. She would be more than anyone else’s description of her, and more than I could utter with such tiny expressions called words. The glow in her eyes for me, and my eyes for her would tell the story. We would always be able to love in silence, love in language, love in the deepest passion possible with our embrace, as a true gift that would never be able to say” I love you for the moment.” She would always be my soul mate,

and only with her would my heart always be content.

Copyright© 2007. David Hammock. All Rights Reserved.




2 comments:

Arabella said...

I don't know what to say - it is as if you have defined in mere words the essence of soulmate...the woman who wins your heart will have a treasure beyond anything else this earth can offer. You are more than I can possibly describe - I stand in awe of such a heart and soul as yours

The Power of a Man's Passion said...

Thank you Arabella. You are SOOO very, very. special.