Popular Posts

Friday, July 11, 2008

Will You Give My Soul A Rose?

The days and nights have been long,
The burden heavier than could be borne;
I’ve been told of a garden that is only yours,
One that no man may bring anything to
That he would think could adorn
What exists within the majestic, creative genius
Of your very
own soul.

Only a few dare comprehend
What you have taken a life-time to tend.
Please don’t ask me to depart.
For what then sha
ll become of my heart?

Please pick a humble rose from your garden, my sweet.
My soul longs for a tender, gentle and fresh bud,
Moist with the morning dew,
And chosen only
by you.

You know the texture of my skin.
Fill me with the touch of you.
You know the frag
rance of my soul.
Soothe it with petals held only by your hands
And kissed only by the lips of your soul
And anointed with the
aroma of your heart.

Let me close my eyes and forget the long nights.
Let me breathe the breath from your garden.
Will I see the light in your eyes when you hand me the treasured rose?
Will I know it is you, who brings the gift I yearn for,
When I can fight no more?

There is no other garden.
I came only to you.
After the long journey…I’m sure I have found you.
You are the keeper of my soul’s rose.
And I want it only from you,
You and no other.

David Hammock. Copyright © 2008. All Rights Reserved.


No comments: