Popular Posts

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

The Woman of my Dreams

The woman of my dreams has all but vanished. I thought once that I had caught a glimpse of her, but she became an illusion in my heart’s eyes.

The woman of my dreams is the one whose image shall forever remain in my mind. She’s the sort of woman every man longs for in the deepest and most secret places of my heart, that he can cherish in such a way that no other can comprehend. I can almost reach out and touch her even now.

What would I say to her if she were really here? No…it can’t be you, can it?

I’ve lived without this feeling all my life. Is it any wonder that I may not recognize you? Tell me…tell me that you have yearned for me from the depths of your soul as I have yearned for you.

You…who bring such a gift for the first time…is there any way to tell you how my life will change? Is there any way at all to tell you of the sweetness I know that you will give to me? There is so much I wish to say to you…I cannot find the words except for…what I’d really say, if you were here.

Are you the one I imagined was coming when others said you dare not? Are you the woman others laughed at me about, when I told them you were such a special creature that God had planned just for me and they said, “No,” you’re just a dreamer? Are you the one my heart ached for into the wee hours of the morning, when my tears could no longer be restrained and their stains upon my pillows remain still, only to remind me of you?

Are you the one who’s scent I dared not forget, with eyes closed and heart open, hoping you would come and breath opon me and the aroma of your soul would be recognized instantly by the opening of my patient eyes?

Are you the one whose smile would tell me I am welcome but no other man shall be? Are you the one whose touch can create such music that neither treble nor bass dare begin its translation and sight and sound can only begin its creation? Are you the one whose eyes would reveal everything I would ever want to know, that was true in such a way that only you and I could ever understand what was meant?


Tell me….is it you?

David Hammock. Copyright © 2008. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: