Popular Posts

Friday, March 20, 2009

If You Really Want to Know Me?



If you really want to know me,
Ask me what I think; ask me how I feel;
Ask me what I believe,
One thing for sure,
I’ll always try to be real.


If you really want to know me,
Find out what I like and what I don’t;
You’ll discover lots about me,
But…. only if you have a want.



Do you know my favorite color?
Do you know my favorite food?
Do you know what keeps my interests?
Or do you know what makes me brood?

Do you know what makes me happy?
Do you know what makes me sad?
Do you know what I enjoy most?
Do you know what I consider bad?

Do you know what makes me hurt?
Do you know what makes me cry?
Do you know what makes me silent?
Do you know what makes me want to draw nigh?

Do you know what makes me sleepless?
Do you know what makes me pace the floor?
Do you know what makes me restless?
Do you know why I walk out the door?

Do you know what makes me troubled?
Do you know why I complain?
Or is it all just something trivial?
That you find nothing more than disdain?

Do you know where I’ve been?
Do you know where I am going?
Do you know what I find most important?
Is it really something you find worth knowing?

I can’t tell you all about me by what I say.
You won’t know everything by watching what I do;
Learning about me won’t come easy.
It’s really up to you.


Copyright © 2009. David Hammock. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: