Popular Posts

Friday, March 20, 2009

A Lot of Times...I Just Don't Know

At times I don’t know what you think.
At others I don’t know what you feel;
My heart aches and yearns,
While it wants to know,
Is this moment one that’s surreal?

Does she know how much I really want to know her,
In the deepest most possible way?
Does she know her very presence
Consumes the desires of my day?

At times I don’t know if she knows how much I think of her…
Every desire, every thought, every hope, dream and passion;
At times I just don’t know if she thinks of me this way,
Or am I a man that’s really out of fashion?

My longing is always there,
Even when she does not speak;
My will is always seeking,
Not for a momentary glimpse…
But for her soul’s transparent revealing.

I cannot make her give me,
What she already knows I want and need;
I can only hope and pray
That her hidden passion wants to heed.

For you see…
There will be many more times
That I shall never know
All that she has within;
Unless she shares,
With fearless care
All that I just don’t know.


Copyright © 2009. David Hammock. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: