Popular Posts

Thursday, April 2, 2009

I Wonder???

Does she think my heart is soft?
Or does she think I’m a man that’s hard?
“Maybe he’s just not able to understand,” she says.
Or, “have his emotions begun to retard?”

At times I think she says, “Yes.”
When in reality she’s really saying, “No.”
I wonder… what went wrong I ask?
Then it seems my judgment is the foe.

Each and every day I wonder,
If she understands what I say and feel;
I tell her I love her always,
But does she always believe it’s real?

My eyes see only her,
Only her and no other;
I wonder if she knows
Where my soul’s eyes live,
And also…
It’s the home of my lover.

She knows of my deep passion for her.
Truly I see it within her eyes.
Even when I say and do the wrong things,
Like those occasional mess-ups of mine.
That cause my Baby pain.
And then my Baby cries.

Does she know I’d pay any price
With the equity of heaven’s bank?
Or at times maybe she thinks,
“He’s taking the easy road.”
Is that why sometimes I see a blank?

God I wonder if she knows,
My heart is always bleeding;
It’s a never ending desire for her heart,
That my soul is craving and needing.

Does she know I love her always
Even when it doesn’t feel like love?
Lord you know I’m depending on you
For strength that comes only from above.

Most of all I wonder…
Does she believe she’s heaven’s best?
If I fail in any way to demonstrate Lord,
Tell her for me…
“David says you’re better than all the rest.”

I may not do everything right.
I probably do a lot of things wrong.
But this one thing, I know for sure,
Being with you has begun to make me strong.

So on this day as I remember,
The anniversary date of when we said I love you;
I want you to never wonder,
If stopping loving you is something
I’ll ever do.

I’ve purposed in my heart
Ever since I recognized the promise of God;
That wherever I go you will go too;
We will press forward with amazing grace
And God’s loving arms will carry us through.


David Hammock. Copyright © 2009. All Rights Reserved.

No comments: